Ivan Franko Home offers a number of activities, which allow residents to enjoy a comfortable and entertaining lifestyle. These are offered at no additional charge:
- Spiritual services provided by Home’s chaplains, or other clergy on request
- Use of the 11-acre grounds of the Home, which include paved paths throughout the site, flower and vegetable gardens, an orchard, gazebos and a pond
- Residents’ computer room with Internet access and a printer
- Residents’ exercise room with machines, yoga mats and all necessary equipment.
Classes offered: yoga, dance, etc.
- Spa/Relaxation room with massage chairs, circulation boosters, paraffin wax treatments, aromatherapy, etc.
- Daily group exercise
- Twice weekly physiotherapy classes
- Twice weekly Bingo (token purchase of cards)
- Ukrainian cultural programs including concerts, dances and speakers
- Large recreation room with billiards table
- Sun room with games such as chess, checkers, dominoes, cards, etc.
- Weekly singing hour
- Morning reading sessions for Assisted Living residents
The residence is located across the street from a supermarket and pharmacy and adjacent to several banks, a Ukrainian credit union and restaurants. Free parking is available to residents who have their own cars.