Ivan Franko Homes’ Mississauga residence is located at 3058 Winston Churchill Blvd., serving approximately 80 residents who are independent and do not need 24-hour care. This residence has three floors with a total of 65 suites (20 private rooms and 45 apartments: bachelor, one and two-bedroom). The building has a dining room on each floor, sunroom with a patio, ‘winter garden’ atrium, supervised spa facility including massage chairs, aromatherapy and circulation boosters and a gym with classes such as Yoga. The residence features a stunning orchard, fruit and vegetable gardens, gazebos, a fish pond and paths on 10 acres, allowing plenty of room for residents’ fresh air walks.
Though this location is an independent care centre, the health and wellness of our residents is very important to us and we have implemented measures to ensure their security and health. A minimum of two staff members are on duty 24-hours a day for assistance and each unit has an emergency call system. A physician visits the Home weekly for any resident who requires a medical consultation. The Home has also partnered with several pharmacies to ensure convenient and timely deliveries of prescriptions.
Particular care is given to the residents’ dining experience for those who elect to purchase the meal plan. Healthy, nutritious and ethno-specific Ukrainian and Canadian meals are provided to the resident in the main dining room and in the smaller dining facilities upstairs and occasionally to the suites if a resident is ill. Many of the meals are cooked with fresh fruits and vegetables grown on site in the gardens and orchards.
Optional services, provided by the staff on a fee basis, include meals (if a meal plan is subscribed to), housekeeping, laundry services and monitoring of medications.
Additional services are available:
- Weekly medical services provided by the Home Physician (OHIP covered)
- Pharmacy services and deliveries of medications (through The Healing Source, Shoppers Drug Mart or other pharmacy of choice)
- Laboratory and mobile radiology services (by doctor’s referral)
- Physiotherapy services (by doctor’s referral)
- Weekly hair dressing services (additional fee)
- Foot care services provided bi-monthly by a registered nurse (additional fee)
- Purchases of milk and bread daily
- Tuck shop/mini pharmacy open every Monday, Wednesday & Friday to purchase necessary personal & medical items
- Osteoporosis, Chair Yoga & Falls Prevention Programs provided by Lifemark Seniors Wellness
- Senior’s Day Program held three times a week, every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
Please contact the Kvitka Lopushanski, Assistant Administrator for Admissions and fee information. Accommodations are rented monthly and optional meal plans are available in addition to other elective services.
Assisted Living/Retirement Residence – Mississauga Location
3058 Winston Churchill Blvd.
View Larger Map