We need your help to improve the lives of our senior residents. If you have just two hours a week you will make a profound difference -- and achieve personal satisfaction.
Many options are available including:
- Staffing the spa and exercise rooms
- Accompanying residents to doctor’s appointments or to hospital
- Going on walks with residents in the gardens, reading to them, time with those whose families are a long distance away
- Performing errands for residents (e.g. shopping)
- Helping to make varenyky/pyrohy (perogies) and other special food preparation
- Accompanying seniors on escorted bus trips
- Helping with arts and craft
- Helping out in the Home’s gardens and orchard
- Help with organizing concerts, special events, singing with residents, etc.
Are you a student who needs volunteer hours or work experience? Ivan Franko Home can provide you with broad experience, a community work reference and personal satisfaction that you are making a difference.
Please contact our Executive Director for details: